Dr Anushia Inthiran
School of Information Technology
Dr Anushia Inthiran is an Adjunct Lecturer at the School of Information Technology, Monash University, Malaysia. She joined Monash University Malaysia as a Sessional Lecturer in 2012. As of 2013, she become a Lecturer at the School of Information Technology. Previously, she served as a Senior IT Security Analyst for 6 years with Standard Chartered Bank. She then was at APIIT/UCTI where she was a Senior Lecturer and Programme Leader for Staffordshire University Computing Degree Programmes for 6 years. Dr Anushia Inthiran is a lifetime member of the Golden Key International Honour Society
- Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Monash University
- PhD, Monash University
- MSc Technology Management, Staffordshire University
- Bachelor of Computing, Monash University
- The Information Association to the Information Age (ASIS&T)
- Australia Library and Information Association (ALIA)
- Consortium of iSchools Asia Pacific (CiSAP)
- FIT2001 - Systems development
- FIT5088 - Information and knowledge management systems
- FIT2003 - IT professional practice
- FIT5094 - IT for management decision making
- FIT5092 - Electronic business
- FIT3063 - Human-computer interaction
- FIT5133 - Enterprise architecture and management
- Information Retrieval and Domain Specific Information Retrieval Techniques
- Interactive Information Searching and User Studies
- Medical Searching
- Consumer Informatics
- Health Informatics
Book Chapters, ISI-Indexed Journal Articles and LNCS Book Series
- Inthiran, A (2016) Online Health Search Experience: Sentiments from South East Asia, International Journal of Knowledge Content Development & Technology - Vol. 6 , No. 2 (in press).
- Inthiran, A., Selvarajah,V, Lai, NM, Chaiyakunapruk, N, Chong, DWK, Choo, YM ,Ahmad Kamar, A and Rajapakse, J. (2016).Appraisal Strategies Used by Junior Evidence Based Medicine Practitioners, Proceedings of the Library and Information Science Conference, Kyoto Japan
- Inthiran, A, Alhashmi, S.M. and Ahmed, P.K. (2015), A user study on the information search behaviour of medical students, Malaysian Journal of Library and Information Science, Volume 20, Number 1, pp.61-77
- Inthiran, A, Alhashmi, S.M. and Ahmed, P.K. (2015) A Preliminary Study on the Usage of Search Assisting Features When Searching For a Personal Health Task, A Preliminary Study on the Usage of Search Assisting Features When Searching For a Personal Health Task , Aslib Journal of Information Management, Vol 67, Issue 2 (in press).
- Inthiran, A, Alhashmi, S.M. and Ahmed, P.K. (2014). Insights to the Search Behavior of Non-Medical Professionals Based on Task Difficulty and an Evaluation against New Generation Medical Information Retrieval Strategies, Advancing Medical Practice through Technology: Applications for Healthcare Delivery, Management, and Quality
- Inthiran A., Alhashmi, S.M. and Ahmed, P.K. (2012). Medical Students Search Behavior: An Exploratory Survey, Behavioral Computing: Modelling Analysis, Mining and Decision, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp: 337-352
- Inthiran A, Alhashmi, S.M. and Ahmed, P.K. (2012).Medical Information Retrieval Strategies: An Exploratory Study on the Information Retrieval Behaviour of Non-Medical Professionals International Journal of Healthcare Information Systems and Informatics Jan-March 2012, Vol 7, No.1, pp. 31-45
- Inthiran A, Alhashmi, S.M. and Ahmed, P.K. (2012). Personalization Strategies for Web Search, Human IT: Journal For Information Technology Studies As A Human Science, Issue 11:3, pp. 57-82
- Inthiran A., Alhashmi, S.M. and Ahmed, P.K. (2010), A Reflection of Search Engine Strategies, Communications of the IBIMA, Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 126850
Conference Proceedings and Presentations
- Inthiran, A (2017) Information Sharing and Search Collaboration Activities of Health Consumers in South East Asia, ACM SIGIR Conference on Human Information Interaction & Retrieval (CHIIR), Oslo Norway (in press).
- Inthiran, A. Alhashmi, S.M. and Ahmed, P.K. (2016), Describing Health Querying Behavior, SIGIR .Research Australia Medical Information Retrieval Workshop (MedIR), July, 21st 2016, Pisa, Italy
- Yilma, T., Inthiran, A and Riedpath, D. (2016) College Students from Developing Countries: Where do they Get Health Information? SIGIR Medical Information Retrieval Workshop (MedIR), July, 21st 2016, Pisa, Italy
- Inthiran, A and Soyiri, I. (2015). Searching for Health Information Online for my Child: A Perspective from South East Asia, Asian Digital Library Conference (ICADL) 2015, Seoul, Korea
- Inthiran, A., Selvarajah,V, Lai, NM, Chaiyakunapruk, N, Chong, DWK, Choo, YM ,Ahmad Kamar, A and Rajapakse, J. (2015) A Description of Information Search Behaviour during the Practice of Evidence Based Medicine, 5th Asia Pacific Primary Care Research Conference, Putrajaya Kuala Lumpur
- Inthiran, A (2015). Do I Talk to the Doctor About Information Found Online. An outlook from South East Asia, Consortium of Information Schools Asia Pacific (CiSAP),Workshop, Seoul, Korea
- Inthiran, A, Alhashmi, S.M. and Ahmed, P.K. (2015) How do non-medical professionals search for medical tasks across varying levels of topic familiarity? The First Malaysian Telemedicine Conference, 2015.
- Siah A.K.L., Trakic A., Lee, G. H.Y., Thanasegaran, H and Inthiran, A. (2015). Open and Closed Book Assessments on Student Learning, The 3rd Dubai International Conference in Higher Education, Michigan State University.
- Inthiran A, Alhashmi, S.M. and Ahmed, P K. (2012). The Affects of Task Difficulty on Medical Searches, The 21st International World Wide Web Conference, WWW 2012, Lyon, France 16th - 20th April 2012
- Inthiran A., Alhashmi, S.M. and Ahmed, P. K. (2011), Profiling a Non-Medical Professional Searcher on a Medical Domain: What Do Search Patterns and Demographic Details Asia Information Retrieval Symposium, Dubai United Arab Emirates, 18th> – 20thDecember 2011
- Inthiran A., Alhashmi, S.M. and Ahmed, P.K. (2011), Investigating Interactive Search Behaviour of Medical Students: An Exploratory Survey, Australian Conference in Computer Human Interaction, Canberra, Australia, 28 Nov – 2nd Dec 2011
- Inthiran A., Alhashmi, S.M. and Ahmed, P.K. (2010), A Proposal for Combining Information Retrieval Strategies," ARCHER '10 Conference, 18th October Melbourne AustraliaInthiran A. (2010), A Plan For Collaborative Personalization on Medical Search Engines, Doctoral Consortium, 3rd Information Interaction in Context, IIiX August 18th – 22nd, New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA.
- Inthiran A., Alhashmi, S.M. and Ahmed, P. K. (2010), Collaborative Personalization on Medical Search Engines Using User Exploratory Survey, 7th International Conference on Fuzzy Systems and Knowledge Discovery FSKD/ICNC, 10-12th August, Yantai, China.
- Inthiran A., Alhashmi, S.M. and Ahmed, P.K. (2010), A Reflection of Current Search Engine Techniques on Medical Search Environments, 6th Intelligent Environment Conference, 19th – 21st July 2010, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Inthiran A, Alhashmi S.M.. and Ahmad, P.K.(2009), Some reflections on Current Searching Techniques, 13th IBIMA conference on Knowledge Management and Innovation in Advancing Economies , 9-10 November 2009,Marrakech, Morocco
- Inthiran, A. and Seddon A., Security Policies: Making it Work, Proceedings of the 6th European Conference on Information Warfare and Security, Shrivenham, UK , (ECIW 2007), pp. 109-114.
- Inthiran. A and Seddon A., Security Models Dissected, MyEduSec (2008), Malaysia.
- Inthiran, A. (2015). A Reflection of mHealth Interventions in South East Asia, International Federation Information Processing (IFIP) WG9.4 Newsletter - Information Technology in Developing Countries, July 2015, Available at http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/egov/ifip/july2015/anushia-inthiran.html
- Inthiran, A, Alhashmi, S.M. and Ahmed, P.K. (2013). Online Consumer Health: A Malaysian Perspective, International Federation Information Processing (IFIP) WG9.4 Newsletter - Information Technology in Developing Countries Available at http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/egov/ifip/jun2013/inthiran.htm
Title: Practice of Evidence Based Medicine Amongst Physicians in Malaysia: Is there evidence at point of care and Are we Information Communication Technology (ICT) Ready
- Prof Nathron Chaiyakunapruk
- Assoc Prof Lai Nai Ming (Taylors)
- Mr. David Chong Wang Kwai (IMU)
Funding Period: Dec 2013 - Nov 2016
Funding Body: Fundamental Research Grant Scheme (FRGS) S2 2013 - Ministry of Education Funding Amount: RM 73,000
- FIT5133 - EnterpriMBIS Course Coordinator 2014- May 2015
- Cheif Examiner 2014 e architecture and management
- Consortium of Ischools Asia Pacific (CiSAP)
- The Association for The Information Age (ASIS&T)
- Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA)