Associate Professor Wong Kok Sheik
Room No. 2-4-32, School of Information Technology
Tel: +603 5514 6090
Kok Sheik is an Associate Professor attached to the School of Information Technology at Monash University Malaysia. He received the B.S. and M.S. degrees in both Computer Science and Mathematics from Utah State University, USA, in 2002 and 2005, respectively. In 2009, he received the Doctor of Engineering degree from Shinshu University, Japan, under the scholarship of Monbukagakusho. He was with Multimedia University from 2009 to 2010, and University of Malaya from 2010 to 2016. His research interests include multimedia signal processing, data hiding, multimedia perceptual encryption, joint encryption and data-hiding method, as well as their applications. He is a senior member of IEEE and a member of APSIPA.
In 2015, his student’s thesis received the Best Ph.D thesis award from the IEEE Signal Processing Society, Malaysia Section. Dr. Wong served as an associate editor for the Malaysian Journal of Computer Science from 2013 to 2017. Currently, he serves as an associate editor of the IIEEJ Transactions on Image Electronics and Visual Computing.
Doctor of Engineering (Shinshu) (2009), Shinshu University, Japan.
MSc. in Computer Science (Utah) (2005), Utah State University, USA.
MSc. in Mathematics (Utah) (2004), Utah State University, USA.
B.Sc. in Mathematics and Computer Science (Utah) (2002), Cum Laude, Utah State University, USA.
- FIT5144 - Research strategies and skills
- FIT5143 - IT research methods
- FIT2093 - Introduction to cyber security
- Multimedia signal processing
- Signal processing in transformed / compressed / encrypted domain
- Data Hiding
- Multimedia perceptual encryption
- Joint encryption and data-hiding method
Selected Journal Publications
- Yiqi Tew, KokSheik Wong, Raphael Phan, King Ngi Ngan, “Multi-layer authentication method for HEVC video based on Embedded Statistics,” Elsevier Journal of Visual Communication and Image Representation, Volume 40, Part B, October 2016, pp. 502–515 (ISSN 1047-3203)
- Kazuki Minemura, KokSheik Wong, Raphael Phan, Kiyoshi Tanaka, “A Novel Sketch Attack Framework for H.264/AVC Format- Compliant Encrypted Video,” IEEE Transactions on Circuit and System for Video, Accepted.
- Adamu Muhammad Buhari, Huo-Chong Ling, Vishnu Monn Baskaran and KokSheik Wong, “Low Complexity Digital Video Watermarking for H.264/SVC Real-time Spatial Scalable Streaming,” , Signal Processing: Image Communications, Volume 47, September 2016, pp. 86–95.
- Kazuki Minemura, KokSheik Wong, Xiaojun Qi, Kiyoshi Tanaka, “A Scrambling Framework for Block Transform Compressed Images,” Multimedia Tools and Applications, Accepted.
- Reza Moradi Rad, KokSheik Wong, and Jing-Ming Guo, “Reversible Data Hiding by Adaptive Group Modification on Histogram of Prediction Errors,” Signal Processing, Volume 125, August 2016, pp. 315-328.
- Osamah Ibrahiem Abdullaziza, Vik Tor Goh, Huo-Chong Ling, and KokSheik Wong, “AIPISteg: An Active IP Identification Based Steganographic Method,” Journal of Network and Computer Applications, Elsevier, Volume 63, March 2016, pp. 150-158.
- Jing-Ming Guo, Guo-Hung Lai, KokSheik Wong, and Shih-Hung Chou, “Progressive Halftone Watermarking using Multi-layer Lookup Strategy,” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, Vol. 24, No. 7, July 2015, pp. 2009-2024.
- Simying Ong, KokSheik Wong and Kiyoshi Tanaka, “Scrambling-Embedding for JPEG Compressed Image,” Signal Processing, Volume 109, April 2015, pp. 56-68.
- Mustafa S. Abdul Karim and KokSheik Wong, “Data Embedding in Random Domain,” Signal Processing, Volume 108, March 2015, pp. 56-68.
- Mustafa S. Abdul Karim and KokSheik Wong, “Data Fusion in Universal Domain using Dual Semantic Code,” Information Sciences, November 2014, Vol. 283, pp. 123 – 141.
- Reza Moradi Rad, KokSheik Wong, Jing Ming Guo, “A Unified Data Embedding and Scrambling Method, ” IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, Volume 23, Issue 4, April 2014, pp. 1463 – 1475.
- Tew Yiqi and KokSheik Wong, “An Overview of Information Hiding in Compressed Video,” IEEE Transaction on Circuit and System for Video Technology, Volume 24, Issue 2, Feb. 2014, pp. 305 – 319.
- Mustafa S. Abdul Karim and KokSheik Wong, “Universal Data Embedding in Encrypted Domain,” Signal Processing, Volume 94, January 2014, pp. 174-182.
- KokSheik Wong, Kiyoshi Tanaka, Kouchi Takagi, and Yasuki Nakajima, "Complete Video Quality Preserving Data Hiding," IEEE Transaction on Circuit, System, and Video Technology, vol. 19, no. 10, October, 2009, pp.1499-1512.
- KokSheik Wong, Xiaojun Qi, and Kiyoshi Tanaka, “A DCT-Based Mod4 Steganographic Method,” Signal Processing, Elsevier, Vol.87, No.6, 2007, pp.1251-1263.
- Associate Head of School (Research)
- Executive Committee of IEEE Malaysia Section Signal Procession Chapter (2017)
- General co-chair of Asia-Pacific Signal and Information Processing Association Annual Summit and Conference (APSIPA ASC 2017)
- Technical program co-chair for IEEE International Conference on Consumer Electronics-Taiwan in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- Member of International Steering Committee of ISPACS
- Member of APSIPA Friend Lab Promotion Committee